Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Against all odds

  1. #1
    HB Forum Owner ek3's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 11th, 2001
    Posts
    1,753
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    How can I just let you walk away, just let you leave without a trace
    When I stand here taking every breath with you, ooh
    You're the only one who really knew me at all

    How can you just walk away from me,
    when all I can do is watch you leave
    Cos we've shared the laughter and the pain and even shared the tears
    You're the only one who really knew me at all

    So take a look at me now, oh there's just an empty space
    And there's nothing left here to remind me,
    just the memory of your face
    Ooh take a look at me now, well there's just an empty space
    And you coming back to me is against the odds and that's what I've got to face

    I wish I could just make you turn around,
    turn around and see me cry
    There's so much I need to say to you,
    so many reasons why
    You're the only one who really knew me at all

    So take a look at me now, well there's just an empty space
    And there's nothing left here to remind me, just the memory of your face
    Now take a look at me now, cos there's just an empty space

    But to wait for you, is all I can do and that's what I've got to face
    Take a good look at me now, cos I'll still be standing here
    And you coming back to me is against all odds
    It's the chance I've gotta take

    Take a look at me now

  2. #2
    HB Forum Owner SHATOUSHKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 18th, 2001
    Posts
    22,191
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    WHEN IN ROME....


    Hold on my heart, Just hold on to that feeling
    We both know we've been her before
    We both know what can happen

    Hold on my heart,
    Cause I'm looking, over your shoulder.
    Oh please don't rush in this time show her how you feel

    Hold on my heart
    Just throw me a lifeline
    Cause I'll keep a place for you
    Somewhere deep inside. So hold on my heart

    Please tell her to be patient
    Cause there's never been a time, that I've wanted something more.....if I can
    recall this feeling
    Well I know there's a chance
    Oh, I will be there....Hold on my heart

    Don't let her see you crying
    Cause no matter where I go
    She'll always be with me. To hold on my heart
    Just hold on, to that feeling

    Hold on my heart, Just hold on to that feeling
    WE both know we've been here before
    We both know what can happen
    Hold on my heart, Please hold on my heart
    Yes I'm gonna hold on to that heart

  3. #3
    Inactive Member gnosis_within's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 23rd, 2001
    Posts
    318
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    I must've dreamed a thousand dreams
    Been haunted by a million screams
    I can hear the marching feet
    They're moving into the street.

    Now did you read the news today
    They say the danger's gone away
    But I can see the fire's still alight
    Burning into the night.

    Too many men
    Too many people
    Making too many problems
    And not much love to go round
    Can't you see
    This is a land of confusion.

    This is the world we live in
    And these are the hands we're given
    Use them and let's start trying
    To make it a place worth living in.

    Superman where are you now
    Everything's gone wrong somehow
    The men of steel, men of power
    Are losing control by the hour.

    This is the time
    This is the place
    So we look for the future
    But there's not much love to go round
    Tell me why, this is a land of confusion.

    This is the world we live in
    And these are the hands we're given
    Use them and let's start trying
    To make it a place worth living in.

    I remember long ago -
    When the sun was shining
    The stars were bright
    All through the night
    And the sound of your laughter
    As I held you tight
    So long ago -

    I won't be coming home tonight
    My generation will put it right
    We're not just making promises
    That we know, we'll never keep.

    Too many men
    Too many people
    Making too many problems
    And not much love to go round
    Can't you see
    This is a land of confusion.

    This is the world we live in
    And these are the hands we're given
    Use them and let's start trying
    To make it a place worth fighting for.

    This is the world we live in
    And these are the names we're given
    Stand up and let's start showing
    Just where our lives are going to.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member gnosis_within's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 23rd, 2001
    Posts
    318
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Unhappy

    All that time I was searching, nowhere to run to, it started me thinking,
    Wondering what I could make of my life, who'd be waiting,
    Asking all kinds of questions, to myself, but never finding the answers,
    Crying at the top of my voice, no one listening,
    All this time, I still remember everything you said
    There's so much you promised, how could I ever forget.

    Listen, you know I love you, but I just can't take this,
    You know I love you, but I'm playing for keeps,
    Although I need you, I'm not gonna make this,
    You know I want to, but I'm in too deep.

    So listen, listen to me,
    You must believe me,
    I can feel your eyes go thru me,
    But I don't know why.

    I know you're going, but I can't believe it's the way that you're leaving,
    It's like we never knew each other at all, it may be my fault,
    I gave you too many reasons, beeing alone, when I didn't want to
    I thought you'd always be there, I almost believed you,
    All this time, I still remember everything you said,
    there's so much you promised, how could I ever forget.

    Listen, you know I love you, but I just can't take this,
    You know I love you, but I'm playing for keeps,
    Although I need you, I'm not gonna make this,
    You know I want to, but I'm in too deep.

    So listen, listen to me,
    I can feel your eyes go thru me

    It seems I've spent too long
    Only thinking about myself
    Now I want to spend my life
    Just caring bout somebody else.

    Listen, you know I love you, but I just can't take this,
    You know I love you, but I'm playing for keeps,
    Although I need you, I'm not gonna make this,
    You know I want to, but I'm in too deep.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member gnosis_within's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 23rd, 2001
    Posts
    318
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Smile

    Well I've been waiting, waiting here so long
    But thinking nothing, nothing could go wrong, but now I know
    She has a built in ability
    To take everything she sees
    And now it seems I'm falling, falling for her.

    She seems to have an invisible touch yeah
    She reaches in, grabs right hold of your heart
    She seems to have an invisible touch yeah
    It takes control and slowly tears you apart.

    I don't really know her, I only know her name
    But she crawls under your skin, you're never quite the same, and now I know
    She's got something you just can't trust
    It's something mysterious
    And now it seems I'm falling, falling for her.

    She seems to have an invisible touch yeah
    She reaches in, grabs right hold of your heart
    She seems to have an invisible touch yeah
    It takes control and slowly tears you apart.

    She don't like losing, to her it's still a game
    Though she'll mess up your life, you'll want her just the same, now I know
    She has a built in ability
    To take everything she sees
    And now it seems I've fallen, fallen for her.

    She seems to have an invisible touch yeah
    She reaches in, grabs right hold of your heart
    She seems to have an invisible touch yeah
    It takes control and slowly tears you apart.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member gnosis_within's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 23rd, 2001
    Posts
    318
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    man..........i sure do like genesis!

    Just as I thought it was going alright
    I find out I'm wrong, when I thought I was right
    s'always the same, it's just a shame, that's all
    I could say day, you'd say night
    tell it's black when I know that it's white
    s'always the same, it's just a shame, that's all

    I could leave but I won't go
    though my heart might tell me so
    I can't feel a thing from my head down to my toes
    so why does it always seem to be
    me looking at you, you looking at me
    s'always the same, it's just a shame, that's all

    Turning me on, turning me off
    making me feel like I want too much
    living with you's just putting me through it all of the time
    running around, staying out all night
    taking it all instead of taking one bite
    living with you's just putting me through it all of the time

    I could leave but I won't go
    it'd be easier I know
    I can't feel a thing from my head down to my toes
    but why does it always seem to be
    me looking at you, you looking at me
    s'always the same, just a shame, that's all

    Truth is I love you
    more than I wanted to
    there's no point in trying to pretend
    there's been no-one who
    makes me feel like you do
    say we'll be together til the end

    I could leave but I won't go
    it'd be easier I know
    I can't feel a thing from my head down to my toes
    but why does it always seem to be
    me looking at you, you looking at me
    s'always the same, just a shame, that's all

    Just as I thought it was going alright
    I find out I'm wrong when I thought I was right
    s'always the same, just a shame, that's all
    I could say day, you'd say night
    tell me it's black when I know that it's white
    s'always the same, it's just a shame, that's all

    That's all

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •